Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Yard work

Yesterday we got a little yard work done. Ryan has been sending some of his guys over to do my spring cleaning for me (while they aren't moving water). All of my front flower beds are cleaned out, I am going to just leave them bare, I am really hoping to have the deck built this summer so I don't want to plant anything that is just going to get covered up. I think it will be easier for me to manage dirt than a flower bed too, I do NOT have a green thumb, unlike my mother. I even got the BIG boss to come and do some work for me.

We got the dirt piles spread out a little better, the kids were sad to loose their favorite place to play, but it is one step closer for more grass. I have decided that if I don't plant grass then I grow weeds, It is just the way it is. I really like grass too, so the more the better. We also spread more gravel in the drive way and we dug the wagon out of the shed. Justin was thrilled with "my wagon."
Ryan also found the baby kittens up in the rafters of the shed, I forgot to take pictures but they are sure cute. She (Princess) had 4 the girls named them, Cocoa, Tiger, Jr., and they couldn't think of another name for the fourth one. Emma has been BEGGING all morning to play with them, but I cant climb up the side of the shed and get them down like Ryan can so we have to wait for him to get them for us.

2 comments:

rneweyfamily said...

How fun to get out with the family. We have little rakes just like yours that the girls "help" me rake leaves and such with. If you need a home for little kitties, we have lots of mice holes around here to feed them from.

Mikaela said...

Only your kids would be out working in super, super cute clothes! Your girls are always dressed so cute. And I'd include Justin in that, but let's be real, boy clothes are so basic compared to girl ones!

Also, I saw your dad at church on Sunday. He spoke in Connell, and did such a good job. I love your parent's. They've always been so nice and friendly. I remember one time your dad was officiating at a temple session I attended, and he winked at me across the room! He really is the best! You are lucky (as am I) to have awesome parents! :)