Thursday, May 22, 2008

Owie

Today Emma and Justin had to get some immunizations. It was not fun. I didn't tell them what we were doing and just before the nurse came in with the shots Emma asked if we were getting shots, I said yes, and then it all fell apart from there. Emma just got so hysterical, she, I have decided is a worrier, she gets so worried about everything and she just gets out of control. I feel so bad for her because their is so much emotion inside of her little body and she just doesn't know how to express it in any other for besides hysteria I guess. Anyway while I am trying to console Emma (this is before she has even had any shots) Justin says "I get shots" and climbs up on the table, he didn't know what he was doing, it was so sad when he realized they hurt. He cried for 1 minute maybe, until he heard the word sucker. He has been sleeping and sleeping this afternoon. He got 3 shots but their were 5 immunizations in those three. I hope he is feeling OK. Anyway, I had to hold Emma so tight and I hate doing that, she wouldn't look away from the needle, so I think it made it worse, anyway she is feeling fine now, it took a while for her to get under control. Poor girl. Glad we are done with that for another little while!

Emma showing off her pokes, I am glad to see she is not scarred for life!!!My tired boy, he is still sleeping up on the couch. He looks a little feeverish.

1 comments:

Bybee Family said...

Brenden is the same way with shots. He talks tuff all the way into town but as soon as he sees the shots he gets hysterical and I have to hold him down and they usually have to bring in another nurse. After it is all done he says mom I promise I will be better next time. OOHHH!!! My brave little man.