Thursday, May 1, 2008

A little busy business

We have been running around this week, it has been good to be busy. Monday we went grocery shopping and got all of that stuff out of the way, it takes a whole day for me with all of the kids and car seats and in and out... anyway it was a good day. Tuesday Ashley had her field trip to the fire station and then to skate land, she had a fun, fun time. She took my old camera but didn't bring it back. (one of the moms who went has it). When I get it I will post those pictures. We didn't get to go, I had planned on it but then I couldn't take a baby on the bus for liability reasons I guess, so I was sad not to get to go. But she had fun.

I went and got my hair done, I already had grandma arranged to babysit (for the field trip) and since I couldn't go I used her anyway, she is an awesome grandma!! Ryan's brother Marks wife, Paige does my hair and so I went down and she cut it and highlighted and did lots of fun, crazy things to it. I had not intended to cut it but Ryan wanted me to, so I did and it is CHOPPED off. I have been in morning ever since. It is a super cute cut, it is just hard to see myself with super short hair. I am still adjusting. It has been so easy to do though, which I need right now not having a lot of time for doing hair!

Yesterday was a full day. We had preschool in the morning, then scouts in the afternoon, then ran down to tumbling and then back for mutual. We had a big kickoff for our Temple celebration. The kids are doing a big dance and a whole big celebration and we are starting to practice now. The celebration will be in August when the temple is dedicated. It is going to be so cool. I had to give a short talk and we had a couple other short speakers and then played a game and ate food. There were about 100 kids there. It was so good to see. I love serving with the youth. They are so fun.

So today is catch up day, laundry, house work, all the things I haven't been doing all week. Ashley is out of school tomorrow that will be nice. We are going to a cousins baptism for the weekend. It will be fun to see some Nielson cousins and Grandma and Papa for a day or two. We are hoping Ryan will get to come. He started planting potatoes up here today so he is around in the area. We took our suburban in to get the A/C charged up and he came and picked us up and we rode around with him. I wished I had my camera, we saw potatoes being planted and the neighbors cattle drive. We broke down in Ryan's pickup on the way home, we were all still in our PJ's by the way and had to be towed by Ryan's brother Mark, how embarrassing, my white PJ's got all dirty in all of the work pickups we rode in. When we got home we saw an excavator being unloaded in our drive way. More work going on for our pivot to be put in. I cant wait.

5 comments:

wyomingerica said...

where is a picture of the hair? that is to funny about the PJ's I think I have done that before.

Summer Freeman said...

Can't wait to see you!!

Idaho Sutters said...

Thanks for speaking at the temple celebration kick-off for us. You did a great job. It was a fun night. The dance is fun, I think the kids will like it. I almost wish I could dance with them. (almost-I hope nobody heard that, they wouldn't believe it!) It will be a fun, but busy summer getting ready for it. Your hair is really cute-your braver than me!

Mikaela said...

Wow, you guys HAVE been busy! I'm a little bummed to not see the pictures of your hair! You'd better be posting them soon. I hope you have a fun time with the Nielson family.

Jane Clark said...

Post a picture! I ahve been dying to cut my hair but I can't decide what I want to do. The problem is that I am trying to grow it out and it is butt right now. I hate it. Post a pic I need some inspiration!:)