I need some dinner ideas, two nights in a row I have just wanted to skip dinner and go to bed, kids and husband don't like that idea though. What are some of your favorites, I need ideas. I go through this every once in a while where I am fresh out of dinner ideas, I am low on groceries so that doesn't help either. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated by not only me but my kids and husband. I would hate for them all to starve....
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
k, I have a couple of ideas...the first is the chicken n rice casserole from campbell's. Here is the link: http://www.campbellkitchen.com/mealideas.aspx?rc=839
I also do what's called Cheese and Pasta in a Pot. It's super easy. You take macaroni or shells (really any "small" pasta works) you cook them according to the directions. Then you fry hamburger or sausage. Add a can of whatever spaghetti sauce you have to it. Then when the noodles are cooked, you add sour cream to them. You mix it all up. Then you put a layer of noodles, sprinkle cheese (or you can slice the cheese, I almost prefer it that way because it's cheesier) and then put the sauce on. You layer this till you run outta everything. Bake it with sauce on top till it's warmed through, then sprinkle cheese on the top. It's SUPER easy, and everytime I make it people want the recipe. My family now calls it poor man's lasagna.
Another one that I've made are pizza rolls. You make dough like you would if you made rolls or cinnamon rolls. Then you roll it out and then cut them into triangles. Layer with sauce, cheese, and pepperoni. Then you roll them like you would a crescent roll. You put them on a greased cookie sheet, bake them, and serve. I also like this because you can freeze them and pull them out a couple at a time for leftovers. So I usually make a ton when I do it.
I'm all about easy.....so hopefully this helps! I'm excited to see what others post because I think we all get in ruts!
Rebecca makes these over at the school. I'm sure she got the idea from McDonad's.
Cook some chicken strips or nuggets. Put them in a flour tortilla with some cheese, ranch, lettuce, whatever. Roll them up.
Super easy. Good for those days you don't want to cook dinner and you want to go to bed instead. Good for summer. The kids all eat them-who doesn't go for chicken nuggets?
My sister Debra as a recipe blogsite. Go to her blog and request to join it if you want. turgoose.blogspot.com
Post a Comment