Kache(kileys), Luke(Saras), and Renton(Ericas) sitting on Kollins monument. We had as many little boys at the sister reunion as there were sisters!! Erica, Me, Kristin, Trish, Kiley at Kollins monument
Claire and Brek (tricias),They took turns crying the whole time, it is so hard not to be able to talk!!
Claire and Brek, no wonder they cried the whole time, they were always buckled in the car driving some where, poor kids!! This is one of their happier moments.
I had a fun chance to go on a vacation just for me!!!! It was our sort of annual sister reunion, this year we went to Sara's house in the Provo area. She just bought a new home there and was willing to let us all come and stay with her. Her home is beautiful, she has good taste! Erica and Kiley came from Wyo, and Nebraska, Kiley had to drive the farthest (is that a word mom?) And she had to do it alone, well with her little boys. But they drove, and I drove and Mom and Trish and Kristin flew to SLC and I picked them up on my way through.
The first day we just hung out and ate of course. Wednesday we went down to Delta UT. My brother Kollin is buried there and his headstone just barely came so we went to see that and visit his grave. It was a windy/rainy day. It was nice to see his headstone, Sara did a good job on it too. Delta has a nice Cemetery, it is well taken care of, which I am thankful for. We came home and had lunch in Provo, Kiley requested Mexican food (she is pregnant, so we let her have what she wanted!!) It was good food anyway. Then on to shopping. I think that pretty much sums up the rest of the trip, shopping, shopping, shopping. I couldn't have planned it better myself. I LOVE to shop and UT has some great shopping. We went to the Provo mall, twice, Tai Pan, IKEA, BYU bookstore (we did you to BYU campus also, but it was to go to the bookstore, so more shopping), Bed bath and Beyond, Target, Walmart, you name it we went to it. Not all enjoyed the shopping as I did but everyone did it with a smile even all of the little boys we had with us. It was sad and hard to go home. But we already have next years reunion planned for Kiley's house in Nebraska, should be fun!
Mom, Trish, and Kristin rode back with me and stayed the night then we drove them to the airport in Boise, their tickets were 29$ out of Boise, can you believe that! So me and the kids did a little more shopping in Boise after we dropped them off. They have some good outlet malls and I never get to stop when I have Ryan with me, (he doesn't value shopping like I do) So I got the kids a few things at Carters and Osh Kosh, they had great summer sales. We of course had to stop for lunch and play for a while and then we finally went home. It was a long week, but so fun.
I am glad to be having a quiet week this week. It is good to be home, I missed my kids and Ryan. Ashley stayed with my friend Kristen (so she could stay in school) Emma and Justin went to Grandma Telfords, she lives 30 miles away so she couldn't keep Ashley too. Ryan spent most of his week up in Arco planting grain, he loved it, sleeping in stinky hotels, eating fast food, and camping out with his brothers, he had a good bachelor week, but was happy to have us all back.

5 comments:
Sounds like a super fun week! Especiall for you-Shop until you drop...I can't believe that Ryan doesn't value shopping like you do..haha
What a fun weekend for you guys. I haven't seen your sisters in forever. You guys all look great! I LOVE your new hair. It's SO cute. I'm glad you got some shopping in....I can't remember the last time I went shopping ALONE. I'm JEALOUS!
Mijken! I looks like you had so much fun with your sisters. I always wished I had more than one sister - but then, at times, it's enough work to keep up with her! :) Kiley looks great - I haven't seen her in years. How nice that you were able to see Kollin's headstone. I was touched with your post yesterday about his birthday. I also lost a brother, so I can relate. I was 6 when my brother passed away - he was 21. I always wished I could've known him as an adult. Cherish your memories of Kollin...they will never fade.
Aren't you the mighty traveler!? And how fun to be with all your sisters! That is such an awesome tradition. And I'm sure everyone needs a break when the next year comes again. I didn't know that Kiley lived in Nebraska! Wow, does she have a blog too? I like your hair short as well!
Mijken, what a fun reunion. I love to do stuff with my sisters when no boys (or men) are allowed. THe only thing better would be to be able to leave all the kids and shop, shop, shop!! I am alittle disappointed cause you were like 10 min from my house when you were at IKEA. We could've have met for Swedish Meatballs--(those sound so gross) Too bad it wasn't a Jane reunion instead of a sisters reunion then I wouldn't have felt funny about crashing the party!!
Post a Comment