Saturday, May 24, 2008

Moms Helpers


Since Ashley went to work with Ryan, Justin and Emma got to become my right, and left hands! They kind of are anyway since Ashley is normally in school but we had a good time this morning. Emma was crying at the door, she did not want to come out and work because "WORK IS NOT FUN" I told her she had to come anyway, and she did. They mostly rode bikes, but we also hooked up the trailer to the lawn mower and we worked in the yard, they got to ride in the trailer which they love so "work is kind of a little bit fun" We planted some hanging plants and I have some dry spots in my lawn where the dirt is very shallow so we spread some potting soil on top of the grass to hopefully get another layer of dirt so the grass wont dry out so fast in those spots. I will have to do it a couple times through out the summer. I also sprayed weeds, there are tons, so I will have to do it again, also I have tons of dandelions this year, it seems like I have them and then they will be gone for a year or two, well they are back this year. Ryan usually mixes me up something to spray on the lawn, he is the big sprayer man on the farm so he usually provides me with something good that works.
So the picture of the suburban with the hood up...It just a dead battery, usually when this happens, because it does happen from time to time, my kids turn on the lights and leave them on, so we were hooking up the battery charger, me and my helpers. I have some how become a pro at that. I guess it is another part of the job description of a Mom, (at our house at least).

4 comments:

Mikaela said...

Man, I forget how many more weeds are out in the "country" areas. Down here at my parent's, there are no weeds near the houses, and then you get on the other side of the lawn and weeds are EVERYWHERE! Makes me grateful for city living! :) GLad your kids got to "work"!

Also, I hope Ashley gets feeling better soon. That doesn't sound fun at all.

wyomingerica said...

Sounds like you are busy. It has been raining here so we have been inside alot. Doug finish some more can lights and that is nice. I planned to cook outside all weekend so we are trying to figure something else out.

Summer Freeman said...

I don't think jumper cables is a "mom" job more like a "farmer's wife's" job!!

rneweyfamily said...

I love your background! We had the same one for a while until we both changed, I guess.

Lindsey isn't so much my helper, yet, she makes Taylor do everything, but hey, that might change with her going to school next year, right? When do you want to get the kids together to play?