Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Trying to keep up

I haven't done a very good job of posting this week. I have taken lots of pictures but I am having some technical difficulties with my photo suite and so I cant post any pictures until I get that figured out, what a pain. We have been keeping busy, my house is still in a mess. We have figured out a flooring solution, now we just have to find the time to do it. Ryan started planting beets, which is good and bad. It is hard to have him gone so much. I wish I could get used to it but I don't think I ever will. We had a fun weekend with cousins from Nevada. We spent lots of time at Grandma Telfords and then cousins came here. I will have to post the pictures later. Ashley has a cousin (Brooke) who is her age and she got to go to school with Ashley for half a day. It was fun. They get along well and are about the same tiny size. They did lots of talents for us and all sorts of fun playing at grandmas. Emma and Jessie had fun too. We also got to see the college kids, they are off for a week before summer semester starts at BYUI. They are all doing good and are fun to spend time with. Justin is good, he is busy as ever. Right at the end of the last talk at church, before the song started and it was nice and quiet he shouts "TIME FOR NURSERY" I hoped no one heard, but there was a little laughter in the audience, it was pretty loud. Claire is just about sitting up, she tips over back wards and side ways after a minute or so. She sits really well in the boppy cushion. I some how contracted strep throat. Lucky me. I have had it a couple times and so I know when it is more than just a sore throat, so yesterday we went to the Dr. It was the fastest visit ever, I didn't even have to pay for an appointment. they just do the culture and tell you yes you have it and here is your prescription, it was like 10 minutes in the office, including waiting. I feel better already today, I don't have a head ache and I can eat again so that is good. I did weigh Claire while we were there and she weighs 16.000 pounds, that was fully dressed. So probably only 15 pounds. She is getting so fun and so cute. We are staying home today, not even scouts, I thought I better not go and expose all of them to my illness. I hope my kids don't get it, I have been trying to be really careful, we will see. We do have gymnastics tonight, the girls keep reminding me to bring the camera to take pictures of their tricks.

2 comments:

Mikaela said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. Strep throat is the WORSE! I'm so lucky (knock on wood) I haven't gotten it in a few years...but I used to get it a few times a year, so I know how bad it is!

That's hilarious about Justin at church. How cute is that? At least people laughed instead of gave you dirty looks, right? :)

I'm glad the kiddos were having fun with their cousins. Hope your floor and house get back to normal soon.

Feel better quick!

Hauni said...

Wow Mijken it sounds like you are BUSY! I really hope that your kids don't get sick! I can't wait to see the "finished project." I have always loved wood floors and must say I think you are so lucky that you have a husband who can do stuff like that!

We have decided to go private with our blog. Please e-mail me at haunilynn@hotmail.com and I will send you an invite. I have loved reading about what is going on in your life and hope that we can stay in touch :-)