Friday, April 4, 2008

Crazy days

I have been so busy this week I guess I haven't had time to Blog much. Don't ask me what I have been doing, I don't really know just the every day life stuff. Scouts was really good this week, I had a good time at least. This month is all about magic, the boys love it. We sent them on a treasure hunt that had riddles and fun things that they had to solve in order to get the next clue. I think they thought they were going to just run through it all really fast, but we did good planning and had some hard riddles for them to try and solve. They would get a little frustrated, but everyone finished, we had to help a little bit. Wed. night we do the tumbling thing, makes it a busy afternoon but the girls love tumbling so It is worth it.
Thursday we stayed home and worked on the house and laundry. I had a hair appointment that afternoon (a practice for prom) but the girl didn't come, she re-scheduled for Mon. afternoon. I hope she comes this time because Prom is on Saturday, I wont do her hair with out at least one practice, I'm not confident enough in myself. And I know how bad it can be to have your hair done an hour before the prom and totally hate it and have everything fall apart. Isn't it fun to be a teenage girl! I so don't miss it.
Today was interesting. I had to go shopping and had a great list made, I am trying to get the girls room finished, curtains, rug, etc. and some other fun stuff but we got to the mall and Claire started throwing up, not just a little, but tons, and not just once, like 3 or 4 times. Poor little thing. It was every where in her car seat, all over her clothes. Good thing we were on our last stop. She has been fever-ish for two days, I thought it was just teething, but I don't think they throw up when they teeth do they? I have never had a kid have problems teething, none of them have ever had fevers or been sick at all with teething, so I know nothing about it. I hope she isn't sick. It is sad, I don't like having sick babies. So I got diapers and wipes and nothing else off of the list and we came home. I just love days like this. I also have come to the conclusion that Justin is no longer invited shopping. I spend most of my time chasing him around. It is amazing that we could even find him to bring him home. He just takes off, but even when he is standing next to me I still cant see him most of the time. He is sooooo busy. The one good thing about the whole day was I went shopping with my friend Kristen, which we usually go together, or at least quite often go together, after helping me clean up Clarie's yucky mess and helping chase all of my kids, and her own, she bought us Papa Murphy's Pizza and bread sticks for dinner. THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I have such good friends! And I am very happy not to have to make dinner tonight.
I am excited for General Conference this weekend, I went to the Young Women's broadcast last sat. and it was so good. It was good to see our new prophet and counselors. the messages were so good. I am excited to listen to more tomorrow and Sunday. Some of Ryan's family is coming so it will be fun to see them and get together for Sunday dinner, so fun!
I feel like I need a nap.

4 comments:

Mikaela said...

Wow, you've been super busy! Sick kids are a pain! I hope little Claire feels better soon. McKay just got super cranky when teethin, so I did what I had to do, and I drugged the little guy! Sorry, I will drug when necessary! lol!

Also, I only ask because I'm honestly thinking of doing this myself, but have you thought of getting a leash for Justin? My mom and mother in law both think McKay needs one. He's very indepedent and won't sit well in carts anymore and won't stand by me. Just curious what your opinion of it is!

David and Kira said...

Could your baby have an ear infection? It's such a pain when you don't know! I hate to go to the dr. and them tell me it's just a cold and it'll run it's course. Eerrr, $25 for nothing!

I have problems with my kids running too. Melanie teaches Jason and I HATE it! I've never thought about a leash though...hummm...

Countrylivn' said...

The leash thing is a hard decision. I have heard so many people bashing it, and how dare you put your kid on a leash, but then you have the same people annoyed beause your kid is running around crazily. I think if it is to keep your child safe from being lost, or run over or from danger of any kind,then do it. You will get dirty looks no matter what you do, you know that. I have never thought of doing it with my own kids, because I have never had a problem with it. (until Justin) Maybe you should try it (in a not so public area), and see what he does, I could see him thinking I better stay by my mom or she will get out the leash?? Do you think it would work? Maybe the first couple times at least.

Mikaela said...

I don't know, but after today and McKay running off in JC PEnney (he ended up IN THE MALL) I need to figure something out. He screams at getting in the stroller, and he screams when you hold him. He won't hold my hand or anything either. I've gotta do something. My friend sent me a link for leashes online...I am honestly thinking of ordering one. I agree too, you get dirty looks no matter what you do. I'll let you know what I decide, and if I get the leash, I'll let you know how it goes. Is it bad to wanna get a dog collar with metal? LOL, sorry, just kidding, well sort of!