Is there such a thing?? I am so frustrated with this whole vinyl wood flooring thing. We have carpet in our hall way, it has needed replaced since we moved in 4 years ago and we are finally getting to it. It is going to be so easy, all we need is the vinyl wood flooring that matches the kitchen and we will just lay it down the hall also. I should have known from the first day that it wouldn't be easy. I got online to find our exact flooring which of course can be purchased no where anymore. (we did put it in 4 years ago, but still you think you could order it or something, It has a 25 year warranty, so if I need some replaced where are they going to get it from?? ). So I just went to Home Depot and picked the closest match I could find, which it is very close, you cant even tell a difference. Oh but there is a difference. Apparently they change how the floor goes together every year! Why, I don't know, the very helpful (yeah right) man on the phone said that it is just a change in the technology. ARRRRR. So my husband, who is a perfectionist in these kind of projects insisted on taking out part of the floor and getting it all laid right, so there wont be any transitions, it will all flow together better, and it does, BUT we took it all, not all but a lot of it apart before we knew that the 4 new boxes that I had purchased will not work. Yes we should have checked that before we started tearing it all apart, but we didn't, so now I am going on my 4th week with no hall flooring at all, a quarter of the entry laid, (which it was all finished and fine, but we wanted to make it a little wider) and a big part of the kitchen out. Zero steps forward, at least 10 steps back. The worst part is I don't know what to do next. How do we make this work with out having to replace the whole thing?
the entry way, was finished, no longer finishedSo my house is in shambles for the next undetermined amount of time. I did pick the hall paint and got it all painted, and love it and so now I am going to repaint the living room to match. Why do I have to make it so hard! I hope this doesn't sound too much like a sob story, all though, I guess it should sound like one because it is! 
the kitchen floor, it is just the corner that is removed, and part of another corner you cant see in the pictures

1 comments:
Oh man, what a pain! At least you have a husband who knows how to do things! That's a bonus! :) I hope your flooring gets finished soon because what a pain in the butt!
Also, I love all the little stories of your kids. It gives me hope that maybe mine will get easier in time...I'm crossing my fingers! :)
Post a Comment