Monday, June 21, 2010

First Camp Fire of The Summer and The Pony

We had a weenie roast on Saturday night. We worked so HARD on Saturday, all day long out in the yard and then in the swather. We were tired and dirty and I have a hard time wanting to cook when it is warm outside. We decided it would be a perfect night for dinner on the fire. Jared and Jenna were here for the weekend helping out so they came over too. Sara had her kids in the tub and smores were NOT a very good idea for a couple of kids who were already ready for Sunday, so they didnt come. We had a great time though, the weather was beautiful all day. We had one really fun surprise, Ponies have been a HOT topic at our house lately, we are ALL begging for one. Well Jared's pickup and trailer were in our yard while they were swathing. I could hear a horse in it so I thought I would go check on it, it was a hot day. As I got closer I could still hear the horse but I couldn't see it. I climbed up the side and looked in and saw the pony {its actually a mini, something, I don't know}. I just about cried. Ryan had kept telling me not to buy him anything for fathers day, I didn't know why, but I though this is why, he was buying a pony, and that was going to be the gift!! I ran to the house and tried to call him, of course he wouldn't answer my 10 consecutive calls. In my mind I am getting more and more excited, I chose not to tell the kids yet because I thought he would want to surprise them on Sunday, smart choice by me. I could no longer wait so I called Jared. I knew I would be able to tell if he was fibbing to me, or was trying to make up a story to cover what the deal was with the pony. SO Jared says, yeah do you like my little pet? I am thinking...YES, it IS for us!! Then he goes on to tell me a REAL story that he is just transporting it for some one in Rexburg. I could tell it was the truth, I was DEVISTATED. I went ahead and told the kids, and quickly told them it wasn't for us either. We spent a lot of time staring at him in the trailer. When Jared got back he and Ryan gave the kids a little ride. He was a naughty pony. He was trying to bite Jared, buck the kids off, and kick the dog all at the same time. But he was CUTE! We enjoyed him for a couple of minutes then loaded him back up. We thought of all sorts of names for him and enjoyed our pony that wasn't! Just my imagination getting the best of me again....someday if I am really good I might get a pony......

2 comments:

wyomingerica said...

are all ponys that notty? I wonder if they are like little dogs. There are always notty to. I really want to get a fire pit for our back yard, but there is no room. Have a good day.

Anonymous said...

Uh ya that's why we got rid of THAT naughty pony!!!!! He was sure cute but not nice.... :)