Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 3 To Nebraska

Have you ever driven across Wyoming? It makes you want to do silly things like this; You think that it would be a treat to watch movies all day long, but after a while it does kinda get BORING! Our kids just LOVE looking at the map, even Claire!

We had maps and atlas all over the car, it really does help pass the time. So does driving through tunnels, to bad there weren't more.

No really, I am glad there weren't more, Ryan kept honking the horn and I knew these tunnels were going to cave in on us! Oh the joys of being married to a tease!
We were excited to get to Kiley's Monday afternoon, that is until the radio storm warnings started going off. We hadn't been there 2 hours and there were tornado watches and major winds and TONS of rain. The man on the radio says "if you are in a trailer, abandon it immediately" Kiley lives in a TRAILER! SERIOUSLY, then Jason continues to tell us, well Ive heard you are OK unless the sky turns green, minutes later the sky goes light green, I was a mess! Fortunately we were spared, the power didn't even blink. I was glad when morning came! Plenty of excitement for us!

2 comments:

wyomingerica said...

crazy weather, I'm glad Jason was home. I thought he would be out with his cows or something.

Kiley said...

At least we were driving through central Wyoming instead of on I80. That's a long drive. HOpe swimming lessons are fun. We've been mowing and swimming (in our kiddy pool), helping set up for other brandings, and enjoying our lazy week before we have to travel again next week. Did you make it to Mt. Rushmore? I'm excited to see pictures.