Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Celebrating Spring!

We had a get-together last night celebrating Spring, new baby calves, and whatever else we could come up with! Sara and I were so pleased with our doughnuts last week that we wanted to invite someone over to share them with. We figure we made over 100 doughnuts last night and had about 40 + people come to celebrate! We had a great time, although, I am still having mixed feelings about spring already being here, I am not ready to let go of my husband yet, but I am SO ready for warm weather!
A sampling of doughnuts for YOU!



Ryan rolling some out, Sara wouldn't be photographed in her present pregnant state, she did look very cute though dipping all those doughnuts!

Some friends visiting, and a few babies!

LOTS of kids! Jaci came up to me and asked, "Aunt Mijken, why are all of these kids going CRAZY?" It was so cute and sweet! She didn't quite get why everyone needed to be BOUNCING off the walls! Thank goodness for the basement we didn't even hear any of them, except when someone got hurt of course......
Justin slipped and hit his eye and nose on the kids couch, it almost broke the skin, we would have been headed to the ER instead of enjoying the party, thankfully it was just a bloody nose and a little black eye. He was not very happy though and ended up going to bed with a house full of friends over, he was to exhausted!
He is much better this morning though, just a little swollen and dark. Ashley also got a bloody nose, she some how hit her nose on someone else's head, OH the coordination we lack in our family! She is fine this morning too, all the kids went to bed easily and with no complaints! We are fortunate to have so many good family, friends, and neighbors! I think we may have just started a new tradition!

2 comments:

Idaho Sutters said...

The doughnuts were yummy! Thanks for sharing. We are sorry we are bouncing off the walls. Boys are a little more excitable than little girls. Poor Jaci!

Thanks again for having us!

Lacey said...

I have been having the same feelings latley. I love the boys being outside riding there bikes but hate to think of not seeing Brad very much. The doughnuts looked so yummy. I need your recipe.