This weekend I traveled to Washington to meet the rest of my family for the dedication of a bridge for Kollin. It was a really nice ceremony, I thought it was just going to be a small thing with just our family. It actually bothered me about how many people were there (like 40ish or more) but then I realized as we got to visiting that they were all co-workers, or friends, people who cared about my brother too, others have been mourning his loss too, not just family. It was nice to see all of them who cared and thought so much about Kollin. Everyone of them had a story or two to tell about him, it was great! It was about an hour long ceremony including Luke getting to do the unveiling of the plaque, quite appropriate I thought, it was cute!
We had a great time visiting with family and friends. I was thankful that the City of Kirkland and the Department of Transportation and Kiewitt (the company Kollin was working for) would all do this for Kollin (and us). It was really cool!
Kollins Kiewitt family.
It was a great weekend, all of my sibling were there except Kiley, a couple of us stayed in Seattle for a couple of days to shop til we dropped! Of course we had to go to IKEA, and get lost in some GINORMOUS mall ! It was a fun little sisters (and mom) weekend.

4 comments:
I think that's SO GREAT!! What a wonderful thing for your family.
Mijken - we were in the Kirkland area earlier this week on our Spring Break trip and I thought a lot about your family. I'm glad that Kollin is remembered by those that love him.
Mijken, I thought that was very special, that he got to be honored that way :). I was in Seattle too that weekend and went to IKEA for the very 1st time. Good thing we had company w/ us and only had a small portion of the car not being occupied.
I think this is awesome. Kollin was always so nice and genuine that I am not surprised that all those poeple came to support his family. He was a great guy.
I am sure glad you got to shop, shop, shop!! And even better got to do it with your sisters. There are few things better than a good shopping trip with your sisters, even if it is just to Target.
Post a Comment