Thursday, March 13, 2008

Ashley's Birthday












It finally came! Ashley thought she might stay 6 FOREVER. We had a fun day. I got to go and have lunch with Ashley at school, just me and Ashley not one other kid, not even Claire. It was really good. Ashley also took cupcakes to share with her class. There is another little boy who's birthday is the same day. Ashley said his cupcakes were humongous compared to hers, but they still were good I guess. Anyway then we had scouts after school, which actually was fantastic. We have never, ever had them behave so well. It was so nice. Then we came home Ashley's friend Shelby got to come over and play for a little while, that was fun. We had chicken enchiladas for dinner, that is Ashley's favorite. She was falling asleep at dinner, (thanks to this awful daylight savings time) Grandma and Papa Telford came and ate with us. Then we had the show by Ashley with a little help from Justin and Emma. We didn't get any pictures of Emma she was a little embarrassed. She was Sharpay in the show and was wearing a swim suit and was pretty shy, if you can believe that, Emma is so NOT shy. The stage held them all really well, they love it. Finally we opened her presents, she got a cute pink hat, (Ashley loves hats) a voice activated Diary, only her voice can open it, and a tent, sleeping bag, flashlight all in a backpack. She slept in the tent in the living room. We all tried it out, even Claire and I. It was a long, busy full day. We are so glad to have Ashley in our family. She is the BEST big sister and takes good care of her little brother and sisters. She always wants to choose the right and can't wait until she turns 8 so she can be baptized. We love her so much!

3 comments:

Aleighy said...

Sounds like a great day! It's always nice when you get to do 1-on-1 things with your kids...although that doesn't happen too often around here. Happy birthday Ashley!

By the way, how is Kiley doing? I never hear from her.

Summer Freeman said...

Happy birthday Ashley!! We are excited to come to your stage and do some performances on it. Lexi thinks she needs one now. I think we'll put ours outside made out of cement!!

Mikaela said...

I'm glad Ashley had such a great birthday! You are like super-mom! Going to lunch with her and taking cupcakes and everything else you have going on! And I agree with Jane, you do look exactly the same! :)