In Ryans family it is a tradition to hide the Easter baskets, it was in our family also, but in Ryans family they were hidden REALLY hard. I have had to make him ease up on the hard hiding because first of all, our oldest kid is barely 7, like she is going to find her basket in the bottom of the flour bucket, and second, every one is bawling after 1 minute of searching and not being able to find their basket. They can only be hidden in the kitchen and Ryan had 10 kids in his family, so I know his mom had to get pretty creative trying to hide 10 Easter baskets in one kitchen. I am proud to say that my kids are getting smarter though, it only took them 5 minutes to find them this year instead of the usual day and a half, just kidding. Emma's was under the sink, Ashleys was next to the stove in the crock pot, and Justins was in the fridge. It was a fun time.The girls wore their Easter dresses to church, they looked cute, I love brown and blue, well brown and anything really, Church was good until half way through Sunday school the Bishop came in and told us we would be going home after that because all of the bathrooms had backed up and was causing a mess in the hall. Anyway so we went home early from church, which has happened to us a couple of times this winter, we had the heat go out and too much snow and a couple of times no church at all. It was good meetings anyway.
We spent Sunday afternoon at Grandma and Papa Telford's. We hunted eggs inside oh at least 4 or 5 different times. It is amazing that it is still fun even after two or three times of finding them in the same exact places! Kids are easily entertained. Our dinner was sooooo yummy. Ryans mom is a great cook. It was a really nice day.

1 comments:
I am a huge, huge, HUGE fan of brown too! So when you said I love brown and anything, I can totally relate. I find myself shying from my usual black ensembles to brown....
Anyways, Claire is a doll. I LOVE that headband in the other post. So stinkin' cute! Oh, and just FYI, my redhead was a super, super baby, and then he hit mobility and became insane. SO I hope that doesn't happen with Claire.
I love the tradition of hiding the baskets. How fun for the kids. I may have to steal that idea in future Easters!
Post a Comment