Saturday, March 19, 2011

Baby Boy Blanket

I have been debating  on making a blankie all together, It seems you can buy them (on sale) for less than I can make them (which was the case).  Then I realized I need just one that I have made for “him”  I wish “he” had a name and then I could use it.  Anyway I have not been at the sewing machine for months and now I have a kink in my neck from being at it for two days!  I did enjoy doing this strip quilt and I just machine quilted it on my machine.  MAR 2011 00085

All of those colors were really scaring me at first but I think it turned out darling.MAR 2011 00091

Claire and Just have both tried it out already.

MAR 2011 00092

MAR 2011 00093

Ashley and Emma were all over the sewing machine and wanted to do projects.  Ashley is sewing right now (by herself) while I type!  I hope we don't get any sewed up fingers!  They both made cute little tote bags for petshops or tinkerbell toys.  They will have to post them on their blog, AND they can pass off another requirement for Activity Days! 

3 comments:

Summer Freeman said...

I love it!!! Was that fabric you had laying around or did you pick those colors

Mikaela said...

I love all the fabric colors. What a fun, bright color. Who says that boy things have to be boring and plain blue? You're so talented, Mijken.

And, we need to go TP-ing! ;)

Marcie Jean said...

Home-made blankets are always the best!! I still love when my mom makes them for us! And reading about your girls sewing stuff for their toys reminds me of when I was little! I always sewed clothes for my dolls! Your family is getting so big! Your girls look so much like you! So cute! :)