Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Mommy School

We are trying to stuff as many mommy school days in as we can lately.  Justin will start Kindergarten this fall and I am not sure how motivated I will be this summer to work with him.  He does love school work, which is really nice.  Emma was NOT a lover of school work which made mommy school not very fun, (she does like it better now at school.)

Justin and Claire know all of the abc’s by sight, we do a flash card contest and they LOVE it.

 MAR 2011 00003

Now writing the abc’s is a whole other thing, Justin can write his name and that is pretty much it, Claire can write her C.  I know Ashley could write her name at 3 years old but Claire is more like Emma, not loving the school work as much.

Notice Claire's tongue action:

MAR 2011 00004 MAR 2011 00005 MAR 2011 00006

Ryan was doing the same thing with his tongue when he was helping me make Justin's bed!

MAR 2011 00007

Justin is definitely a “south paw”  He loves to spend the day dribbling.  (which drives me crazy in the kitchen) He LOVES to dribble, and now wants to play basketball when he grows up.  He will play baseball when he is a kid, and basketball when he is a grown up.  Sounds like a plan!

1 comments:

Mikaela said...

Is Justin left-handed? Also, McKay didn't know how to write his name until he was almost 5. He could identify all of his letters and numbers to 20, but now he can write them all. He is just BARELY learning to write his last name. I should teach him his phone number, as they haven't done that in school. So I think your kiddos are ahead of the game. Love their school time. You're such a fun, creative mom.