Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Ol' WYOMING!

The kids and I made the trek to Ol' Wyoming this past weekend. It was a long drive, but very scenic. You can see all of the pine trees of Yellowstone Park out Claire's window, (who by the way was an excellent traveler, I made the best $7.50 investment in Dora Super babies that she watched the ENTIRE way!) The drive was not bad at all, I guess that means we need to do it more often! We went to visit Erica's family, Cole turned 12 and was being ordained to the Priesthood. It was a nice weekend. Kiley and Jason came from Nebraska, and Mom and Dad brought Summer and Lexi from Washington. Mom and Dad also brought tons of peaches, corn, apricots, apples which = WORK! We worked all day Saturday making freezer corn and canning those peaches. We had lots of help which made it go so much faster: Wyatt taking care of all of the corn husks.The men cutting all of that corn off of the cobb. Jason, Kameron, Doug, and Dad. (I am glad I got a picture of Doug, maybe you were there on Saturday after all.......)

My one kid that helped.....My other two that did not help.....
And Claire Bear, non helper!


Ryder was helping, you just couldn't see him, every time I saw him he had corn silk on his head! Oh, there he is!

Ashley and Weston hauling those gunny sacks full of CORN!

Claire and Ryder getting ready for bed, these two really are good buddies, I even saw him holding her hand once! Fun cousin friends! We had a good productive day!

1 comments:

wyomingerica said...

Mijken, I can't believe I made your blog. You are definatly my favorite now (always were). I am pretty sure that is a doctored in cause I don't hold kids and I couldnt of been there for more than 10 min. all weekend.

Doug