I am so sad to be winding down our summer. It is finally gotten really hot this week and now the kids are going to head back to school. I am not ready for this! We have been trying to squeeze as much activity into this last week as possible. We have been doing a lot of cleaning and organizing. Shannon bought me this cool disposal cleaner it shot 3 feet in the air this blue foam stuff and then went back down, it was pretty cool.
I had to take a picture but it was almost gone by the time I got the camera. We are easily amused around here!
We had cousins and the Kent's come over earlier this week (was it really this week, it seems so long ago). Anyway we had lunch and played a lot!
The girls keep up on all of the coupon clipping for me. It is so nice, I didn’t clip one coupon this week, and they love to do it too.
We have done lots and lots of coloring and painting this week.
I have loved our new rule, no projects after 3:00. It makes dinner time so much easier and we don’t have tons to clean up at evening time and before bed. They can still play, just no creating, it’s been great.
We went to the park again during piano. Rett is such a good smiler for me. He is getting way to big already.
Claire doing a trick.
Justin’s mohawk. He has been wanting one really bad so we finally did it. I will buzz it all off tomorrow night, its fun, but not all the time.
He has done an number on his chin this week too. He first bonked it on grandma’s bucking horse, then he almost split it on the corner of a wall. Then Sunday he wanted a roll off of the hot pan and stuck his chin up on the counter to smell them and burned it. He will look lovely for his first day of Kindergarten! Oh BOYS!
Also this week we had Jaci over for a sleepover and the kids are going to sleep at her house tomorrow night just for fun. We also stayed the night down at Grandma’s and I got to go out on the night shift with Ryan. We hauled silage until 1:15 in the morning. It was so fun to just drive and talk. He has been so busy lately and we haven’t had much time together, let alone ALONE together. It was nice. Tonight we moved all of the combines and equipment to start harvesting up here. Everyone came for a BBQ at our house since everyone was transporting equipment. It was fun to play with more cousins and see everyone. It will be nice to have Ryan up here for a couple of days (hopefully). I’m not sure I am ready to commit back to a schedule. Summer is just too fun!

0 comments:
Post a Comment