Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday Shots

Emma and I pulled another all nighter last night, this time Ryan stayed home with the sicky and I took the other kids to church.  I never like going alone, it is a lonely place to be with out the entire family.  Thankfully Grandma Violet ALWAYS comes to sit by us and helped keep Claire as quiet as Claire can be kept!  The testimonies were excellent, most of them talked about families.   Sunday School was great as was Relief Society, we are fortunate to have a lot of women who share and give input in the lessons.  I like hearing all of the personal experiences.

We spent the afternoon outside.  Justin was needing a roping lesson so we all went out to watch.   I guess I only took a picture of Emma roping the “dummy”  we have misplaced our real dummy so the barbie bike will have to do!

107_0002107_0003107_0004

This stinker hasn’t hardly slept a wink today, I guess he is just not tired?  He is getting big fast and fun too, we all enjoy him.

107_0005107_0008

We had a tragedy last night with Emma’s calf.  He got pneumonia and died!  I am so sad!  This is the first calf we have lost in three years.  I really am not wanting to start all over again with another either, it is to late in the season.  I don’t know what we will do.  Ashley’s is still doing well at least. 

107_0001

The wheat is turning golden in the back ground.  I am NOT ready to start harvest, the thought of it  makes me really sad!  We barely got summer!  The garden is growing a lot now and we are just about to start harvesting a couple of different things like tomatoes and squash.  The cilantro and lettuce have been excellent.  It is the best lettuce I have ever had from my garden, not bitter at all.  It has been great.  We have been busy getting ready to host a Relief Society Garden Party in our yard.  I am nervous, I don’t know what I was thinking, hopefully it will turn out ok.

2 comments:

Kiley said...

Rett is so cute. Is Justin getting excited for school to start? Ryder can't wait (I'm excited for him too). We are going school shopping tomorrow.

wyomingerica said...

Garden party would be so fun. Are you going to decorate your yard? I need to do that.