We are going to have to invite EVERYONE to Thanksgiving Dinner this year, our turkeys are HUGE! I could take them to be butchered but it is at one of the neighbors and you do the work yourself. I just cant do that sort of thing by myself……or at all for that matter. SO I have been patiently waiting for Ryan to get done with harvest so he can take my little pets to be butchered. They are still so fun and funny. One had gotten up on top of the chicken roosting boxes (like 4 feet up) and I was sure she couldn't get down (to eat and drink) so I made Justin (thank goodness we have ONE boy in this family!) get her down. He used a little stick and when that didn't work he got a BIG stick and
pushed it off it jumped down! Actually I'm not really sure which it was, cause I was OUTTA there, I didn't want her jumping on me with those big old CLAWS. Of course I didn't tell Justin that….. What a brave little protector we have!
Friday, October 22, 2010
Turkey Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Kache can't believe how big they are! The boys want to know if they are going to have babies?
You should save one for the Christmas dinner at the cabin.
Do you know, the store has turkeys for cooking! You don't have to kill your cute birds! lol!!! I love NOT being a farmer & believing all meat just shows up in plastic.
I would love to shop with you in sl, when we make better plans I will let you know.
Turkeys can really fly/jump high. We always end up clipping their wings. Home grown turkey tastes so much better :)
Post a Comment