Monday, October 18, 2010

Running

We are on a dead run it seems like lately.  Ryan is rounding up harvest (we really, really hope).  Fall is heavily upon us, lets just hope winter isn't too!  It has been great weather really, we have had a great harvest thus far.  All of the potatoes have been dug for a week now and it is time to focus on those sugar beets!  I have been going here and there too it seems like and haven't had much time to ride with Ryan, so yesterday we ran down and had lunch with him and took a few pictures.

 October 2010 00056 October 2010 00057

Bobby is in this digger.  I think Ryan is feeling a great urgency to get these beets dug NOW!  I don't think I have ever seen them go so fast!  It was nice!   Ryan came in the other night looking like this:

October 2010 00060

I think he is desperate, exhausted, sore, tired, dirty, worn out, and ready to be DONE!  He said no wonder why every one was looking at me funny, I told him no offense Dear, but you have looked like this every day for the past month!  It isn't a new thing!!  He is one tired boy!

3 comments:

Summer Freeman said...

Ryan was wearing a hat right??!!

Kiley said...

Funny! It's always nice to be done with the busy seasons (if there really is an end).

Bob and Sara said...

That picture cracks me up! I will say in Ryan's behalf that he did look nice and all clean cut on Sunday, too funny!