Thursday, June 5, 2008

Playing

We have been doing a lot of summer time playing around our house. It seems like we are just going and going. It is great. We had Ryan's bday on Monday and he took the day off and went with us to the DENTIST! So fun. We are about to be done with all of our dental work for another 6 months, Emma had her root canal and did great, she didn't cry or wiggle or anything! I don't go back when they work on my kids just because they do so much better when I am not there, we found that out with Ashley, and it must work because they both have done great with their fillings. I always go check on them though and the nurse kept giving me the thumbs up, so I wasn't too worried. Anyway Emma does go back for the last time next week. So back to our fun day, Ryan got money for his birthday to buy a new gun. He has been needing a gun for all of that hunting (he never has time to do) But he would like to do again hopefully sometime, so we went from Pawn shop to Pawn shop, the kids and I stayed in the car, (they are all kind of yucky and gross) Anyway Ryan came out with not one gun but two guns, so he was a happy boy!
The girls have finally saved enough money to go to Build A Bear and we did that also. They both got a black panther, I took pictures, I will have to post them later. That was fun for them. Then we ate dinner and did a little more shopping and came home. It was 9:00 by the time we got home, it was a long day for everyone, But we sure enjoyed spending it with our Dad!
Tuesday we hauled a grain cart to Gooding to get some more Oat seed, (yes we are still planting, it is a re-plant over some grain that just isn't going to have enough water this year) I was driving in front of one of our hired guys he was in the pickup pulling a cart too. So I didn't know where exactly this place was, but I could see the grain bins from the road, well there were two sets of grain bins and I didn't know which ones to go to, I chose the wrong ones and ended up on a dead end street that had fences on both sides. That means I had to back up, with the grain cart on, and I am a terrible backer, I practice all the time with the lawn mower and the trailer for it, and I do terrible with it too, well we had to back like 200 yards until we could get to a place to turn around, it was so humiliating. the hired guy just backed right up, no problem, then there was me, back, back, in the ditch, forward, back, back, in the other ditch, forward... It was so embarrassing. I should of just had him back it up, but I wanted to do it, I hate it when I am stubborn!!! I finally got turned around and unhooked from that trailer and drove away quickly! I made him drive the full one back home. It was an adventure for us. We spent the afternoon at a Relief society sewing day, I didn't take a project to sew, I had planned on it, but the morning had taken so much longer than I had planned, so I just took the kids to play and I visited, it was fun to visit with other moms and the kids had a great time.
Wednesday we had scouts in the morning. We are doing a boat brigade and so they got their boats and put them together. We will have the races next week. The boys were excited. My girls LOVE going to scouts, they think it is great. Then we went to the park for lunch with the Kents (our play day/pre-school) friends. That was fun. Ryan came and got the kids from the park to take with him down to Grandmas, I had to go to Mutual and it was all the way down in Hansen, (like 1hr 15 min) so I couldn't take the kids. The mutual kids are practicing for the Temple Celebration. It was awesome, I couldn't believe how many kids there are, it is great. It was cold and windy and rainy so I sat in the car most of the time, (I did have Claire with me). So it was a late night getting home.
We have some friends coming over today to play, they have two little girls and a boy, and the oldest is Emma's age, so we are going to just have lunch and a play day. I wish is was warmer so we could go out and play, but we are enjoying the rain. I have spent too much time already, I better get moving.

2 comments:

Idaho Sutters said...

I can't back up with a trailer either. It's sounds like your farther along than me though!

rneweyfamily said...

I am with you on the trailer thing, Robert always does it for me. Thanks for letting us play yesterday, the girls had so much fun, I owe you.