Monday, December 7, 2009

A trip to "Grandma's Cabin"

We stayed up at the Cabin Friday night and Saturday we had a great time, I thought I should post a few pictures of Grandmas (double wide trailer) cabin! We are so red neck, but I am lovin it! Ryan is ready to go next weekend too! It is nice to be able to get away easily and for free. We are enjoying having it finished!
The big living room, complete with faux wood paneling walls, just to help give it that "rustic" feel! HA HA! No, but really it is a big room, we have four couches and a ping pong table set up in there with room to spare! Fun for crazy kids and cousins!
And of course watching lots of Dora, this takes Dora to a whole new level, in flat screen,HD, surround sound pleasure, Justin and Claire couldn't be more happy....



A couple of the bedrooms we call this one the boys room or the brown room,

And the pink room, it was to bright to get a good shot, I don't know which is more shocking Emma making the bed or well Emma making the bed! Glad I captured it!

So the whole reason for going to the cabin: We went up to the cabin for the weekend to cut a Christmas tree. Ryan just thinks it is the most fun activity for a family to do, I think maybe he is right, just not fun for OUR family!! If you call driving in the car (for hours) with four kids in the blowing freezing snow on windy mountain roads and then finally picking the tree (charlie Brown tree I might add) closest to the road because no one (including Ryan or I) want to get out in the blinding wind to chop it down fun, then I guess we had fun. Ashley made herself sick because she knew we were going to get stuck and have to sleep in the car, until she finally fell asleep, thankfully Justin and Claire slept the entire time, and we finally halted Emma's whining by letting her watch a movie during our "quality time as a family." Are we pathetic or what! Oh well, we got a tree that is the important part, and we wont ever forget the memories we made.....or the nightmares we created.....There was one good lesson learned from it all though I am buying a fake tree next year!

2 comments:

Kiley said...

I don't really enjoy cutting down our Christmas tree either. But Jason insists on it every year. "It's a good family tradition," he says. Except I don't ever get out of the car because I usually have a baby that I don't want to carry all over the mountains (hills, i guess - we are in Nebraska, we're lucky there are trees to cut down).

Mikaela said...

LOL you are so funny! I think you should get a fake tree at the end of this year and save yourself a few bucks! ;)