Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Branding 2011

We branded the calves on Saturday, well I didn’t but everyone else did, including Ashley.  She is a true cowgirl at heart!  She went down early with Ryan to gather all the cows and fell off of her horse.  She was pretty sad still when I got there, mainly because she fell in a cow pie and her sweater was covered in horse hair!  She wasn’t fazed too much though and is ready to help with round 2 on Friday.  Crazy girl!

 

103_0817

I just took a couple of pictures of everything going on , here is most of the crew:

103_0818

Tayson was trying to keep the smoke out of his face, it was CUTE!

103_0819103_0820103_0821103_0822

103_0823

Kegan was having fun trying to rope on the ground.  He could catch quite a few with one heel so no one paid much attention until he caught doubles.  It was so funny to see everyone hollering and running up to help him drag it up!  It was fun!

103_0824

 

103_0825

Claire Bear plugging her nose!

103_0826

It was the BEST weather we have ever had for a branding.  It was nice and there was a slight breeze.  Last year it snowed, the year before that it was 90 degrees and the rattle snakes were OUT!  We were glad to have a perfect day for working cattle!

1 comments:

Olivia said...

SO FUN!!!! I am so jealous right now!!! I love branding and, you guys got to do it on a nice day!! Good job Ashley for keeping at it!!!!