Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Millions of Peaches!

DONE!  Yeah what a good feeling!  The sad part is I have done all of this work and taken a whole day to get it done and I only ended up with 28 quarts.  I thought I was doing SO many, I did so many, I just always expect it to fill the whole pantry and it never comes close.  Well at least I am getting closer, next on the agenda is pears, that should be  fun day!

September 2010 00056

Thankfully Sara came to help me, I haven't canned peaches in a couple of years, and have never by myself.  I was glad she knew what she was doing!  And it gave my kids someone to beat up on!  Poor Tayson and Jaci took their beatings well today, I just LOVE my obedient children!  This is what they looked like all day, Claire didn't make it out of her PJ’s:

September 2010 00057

And Justin vegged all day, he is KING of the remote!

September 2010 00058 

I am glad we got it done for another year!  Or for a couple of days anyway…..

2 comments:

Mikaela said...

The peaches look AWESOME! Sounds like a busy day. I'm glad that we aren't the only ones who have PJ days. Also, isn't it so much nicer when the kids learn how to use the remote? McKay will even work the DVR and be so proud when he turns on a Star Wars or Scooby. Makes me laugh! Silly kids.

David and Kira said...

Yummy! My favorite canned fruit!! Feels so good to see them on the shelf and even better to eat them!!