Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Gardening

We have been working in the garden this morning, I am trying to get it weeded and watered really good before we leave. It is growing really well, but I am afraid it is not growing fast enough. I planted so late, because I was worried I wouldn't have time to take care of it, I didn't want to plant it at all, but I am glad we did.(I have to say we because Ashley planted most of the seeds, she loves to garden). We have harvested radishes and some lettuce. I hope it will stay alive while we are gone. I have Ryan's guys lined out to water it for me, I am sure they will do a good job. The kids LOVE working in the garden. It is so fun to move the water down the rows and build dams and learn what Indian soap is, Claire also got her first mouthful of dirt, yummy, yummy! I have such fond memories of gardening with my mom, I loved to walk in the dirt behind her while she rototilled, it was so soft and cool. I hope my kids will have fond memories of gardening too. I have finally got smart and had Ryan put a fence around it. I lost all of my corn crop last year because of the neighbors cows! I just LOVE living in cattle country!!!




What great helpers!!! This is actually one of my favorite things to do with all of the kids! I love the Summer!!!

3 comments:

rneweyfamily said...

I love to garden. Yours is looking good. We need to put a fence around ours to keep out the dogs, they keep digging up my plants

wyomingerica said...

your garden looks great. I post the stars. My kids love playing in the mud too. I didn't hear that about Kiley. Maybe I should put a call in to someone.

The Waters Clan said...

sounds like U guys will be having all kinds of fun over the next couple of weeks. I can not beleive that your little one will just sit there on that blanket, I am jealous. I have to cage mine or else she would be ever where putting everything into her mouth.