Monday, May 20, 2013

Sunday Shots

We had a nice Sunday, we spent a lot of it on the farm.  Ryan checks water before church and had to make lots of adjustments, thankfully nothing too major (that came after church)

I took the girls grocery shopping Friday night and they noticed the cherries were already out.  That makes for happy kids at our house.  Ryan begged me to take this picture of his little girl.  He laughed and laughed at her.

100_1295

(notice her three front bottom teeth, the new one is coming in and the other two just scooted over for it)

Church was nice, the baby does nursery really well now, so it makes it easy for us to enjoy our lessons.  Ryan got a new calling, 1st counselor in the bishopric.  We are a little nervous for our Sundays.  We cant keep our row under control when he IS sitting with us, I’m not sure how I will do it alone?  Hopefully Grandma Violet can sit with us!

After church Ryan got set apart, in the middle of the blessing Claire comes and pulls on me and says Ashley has a bloody nose.  I look over and it is just streaming into her hand, which is just about to full capacity!  I panicked, the prayer is still going, finally I spot a box of tissues on the piano so I walk up (in the middle of the prayer, still going)  I hand her a tissue and she reaches for it and dumps the blood all over her WHITE dress!!!  Needless to say she and I (and Rett who I was holding the whole time so he didn’t scream nor escape) left (while the prayer was STILL going).  Ryan got done and wondered where we disappeared too!  Oh dear!  It was a mess.  I made her go to the car and take the dress off so I could rinse it, we still had other meetings and to run to Dietrich and I didn’t want it to stain, (it is brand new of course).  She sat in the car in her undies for at least another hour!  But I did get it clean! 

After church and a few hours of meetings, we got home to the pumps sucking air and cows out!  The home teachers came in the middle of it all too!  Ash and Emma got the cows put away after trailing them for a mile!  They even had to cross under a pivot.  They are such great girls!  Ryan caught up to them (he fixed water on the way) and then had them help him fix the fence.  I was trying to drive to them through a pasture field that has no road.  That is always an adventure.  But it was in Bobby and Sara’s back yard so the kids didn’t mind walking out to their house.  We spent the evening visiting with them while the kids rode bikes and played.  Never a dull moment around here, we do love our busy, crazy life, we feel blessed!

1 comments:

Kiley said...

Funny story. Was Ash totally embarrassed to sit in the car with out her dress? A Sunday you'll never forget.