Friday, July 16, 2010

Scenes From Around The Yard

We have spent this week at home which has been really nice! We have been working in the yard a lot, it needed a lot of work since we were gone for a week. I did come home to some beautiful blooming flowers though.Ryans guys kept them wet for me while we were gone. We have also been working on the fire pit, Ryans guys hauled the rock out and brought in a load of dirt.
Its not fancy, but it should be a little more safe and TOTALLY GREEN! We recycled bricks from the old homestead chimney and fireplace, and a few river rocks, we will see how they work tonight! We have weekly hotdog roasts in the summer, beats cooking in the kitchen if you ask me! Now I have to get some MORE grass planted, I am a mowing machine this summer with all of our new grass!Also since we have been home the kids got a couple of calves to raise. The kids do surprisingly well at takeing care of them. I do very little to help, its like 4-H only BETTER! Then there is the pitifull garden. Not much came up, what did is doing good though. We should have a great crop of lettuce and pumpkins, what more do you need??And the shed door. Finally painted red like the rest of the doors. I wish is was a finished shot of the shed, but Ryan has not had a spare minute yet this summer. I hope next week he will get it done. Oh and Bella is getting big, we went to the swimming hole today and she jumped in over and over and splashed us all. She is a fun pup!

0 comments: