Out with the old, in with the new!
We only had a few tears shed over our old table, most of them were from Justin only one or two from Ryan! They both loved their BIG manly chairs and were/still are sad to see them go! Not to worry though men, Ryan made me store it, but SERIOUSLY, this thing is NOT coming back in my house!! We do have lots of good memories around this old table though, some are scribbled right into it as a matter of fact!

We were a little unsure of the new table, it just seems so hard, there are no soft corners, no cushy chairs, it really isn't very kid friendly, BUT we have really enjoyed it so far! I think we will get more used to it, I may have to change my kitchen decor a little to match the style, it would go perfectly in a cabin, maybe someday!

The
rustic benches were quite quick and easy, I didn't dare try to change K
nock off woods plansbecause I am NOT a builder, I can follow directions, but not change them at all, so I just made them to her specs. We didn't add the cute supports like she did on hers though, but they work just great. We can fit all of us, but Ryan is still sitting in a chair on the end, we will have to wean him slowly! No, I did find some awesome chairs at
Pier One I think they will really help soften this MASSIVE table.

I picked a dark walnut stain for the entire table, but once we got it on the legs and I realized how dark it was we thought we had better go a little lighter on the top, it is called golden oak. The benches are golden oak also. We did two coats of everything and then I put polyurethane on the tops of the table and benches, 3 coats each. We have had rain for two days so we did all of that in the house with as many windows open as we could stand, it was cold too! We are pretty excited with our new skill and Ryan is thrilled that I am building stuff, we went to Home Depot on our date this week and he told me he wanted to get me something. He got me my very own jig saw and belt sander, he never let me use either one of them, but he did assure me that they were mine! HA! Funny man! Now I have got to decide which project I am going to do next?
3 comments:
You're amazing. That is a really cool table. Good job.
Your table looks AMAZING! I love it!!! Want to make one for me?! You really are so crafty and talented.
UGH Mijken! What CAN'T you do? Seriously, you are sure making it hard on us less than mom's! J/K (kinda of) I love you and you are so talented! Great job on the table!!!
Post a Comment