Sunday, April 4, 2010

Annual Easter Egg Hunt

This years egg hunt was a memorable one for sure! We had about 2 or 3, I don't know maybe more inches of snow last night and then the wind BLEW! We had our 3 foot drift right back in its spot in the back yard! The roads were terrible and drifted and it was COLD! But we went anyway, and not very many others came so it made for lots of eggs for the few that did show up! Claire and Justin got prize eggs and all of the kids got lots of eggs, not just the typical two that they get on warm years, so I guess it was good it was cold?? I don't know it was the longest egg hunt in history, I thought we would grab a couple and be done but know we slowly walked to each egg and slowly picked them up, the big girls had to dig in the snow for theirs and Justin couldn't pickup any of his own with mittens on! It was great though! We are happy to have it each year. I think Ash and Emma were on the edge though, they kept going back and forth, we are going to hunt, then we aren't going to hunt. When their friends showed up and were hunting, then they decided too. I didn't do to good on pictures, it was cold!

1 comments:

rneweyfamily said...

Yeah, we didn't make it. Glad you all had a good time, though.