Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Days full of Living

We have been on the go around here lately, It has been a good busy. Ryan had an Elders Quorum party on Friday night, we had tacos and played around the world (ping pong) and had a Foosball tournament. Both Telford Family favorites. It was fun but I was sorely disappointed that we didn't win the tournament, which is really no surprise!

Saturday Ryan and I spent together in Burley, that was different for us, we just did some shopping, he ran parts, whenever someone would call him (which is all the time....he is always on the phone) He would tell them that "we are just shopping" It sounded so funny coming out of his mouth. I am pretty sure that he has NEVER just gone shopping, EVER. He waited for me to try on clothes and everything, weird I know. Anyway it was a fun day for me!
Sunday was nice, I love Sundays, they are my favorite day of the week, Ryan made a chocolate cake and Bobby and Sara came over and brought Ashley a birthday present. It is so nice to be close, I have said that a hundred times, but it really is fun to live close to family!
Monday was coupon shopping day, I have been stocking up on so many things, Monday was pasta, it was .50 cents a bag, I have a good little supply now. I am really getting into my coupon shopping, hence the reason my blogging is slacking, I spend all my Internet time trying to find good deals. Ashley took this picture of me stocking my new shelves downstairs. ( I have also been slacking in the picture department, I think that is why Ashley was taking pictures, the camera is a permanent fixture in my hands usually, but not this past little while. I am glad Ash is willing to take over for me!)

Then my latest and greatest calling; Enrichment leader, we had our Relief Society Birthday dinner yesterday. Busy week for our Ward.... We had an EXCELLENT lesson on the history of our ward relief society, I loved it. The women were so creative and fun, even back in the old days! What a legacy they have built in our ward of service and compassion. I am grateful to be a part of it! I had lots of help and the dinner went well, I felt really prepared thanks to so many. Sara helped me get all of that food ready and we had a good time experiencing how to make taco salad bowls out of flour tortillas. We had lots of compliments. So I was totally prepared and on time and the kids were all arranged and I thought, how can this all be happening so smoothly, I must be forgetting something, yep, sure enough when I got up to give my talk I realized I had forgot it at home! I found it still in the printer when I got home! Oh well that is another great thing about the women here, they understand and are very forgiving! It was a fun evening and I am glad to be done with it all! Now I have to really focus on Ashley's baptism next Saturday! It is already here! I cant believe it! I better get a move on I have loads of laundry to be put away! Happy days!

7 comments:

David and Kira said...

Ha,Ha. I'm enrichment leader also and did the same thing at our b-day one! I remembered the papers while eating dinner so I was able to slip away quickly and run home and get it. Hopefully you have a good committee to help you. It's a fun calling.

Kiley said...

I like your teeth!

Paige Telford said...

Mijken, I love the picture of your new teeth! The look so awesome! I told my sis M'Lisa you got them done, and she's been checking your blog to see a good pic of them. I'll have to tell her to check your last post out. What can I do for the baptism? What food do you want me to bring?

Mikaela said...

I'm glad you got a little time to go shopping with Ryan because it sounds like you're always busy running around. Great deal on the pasta, btw!

Also, how awesome you're over Enrichment. You will be so great at it! I'm glad you forgot your talk...it shows that you're just human! haha! You seem to be super-mom and super-woman, really! :)

Mikkel Williams said...

Mijken, it is fun to be able to see what you are up to. I miss seeing your family. I haven't seen much of any of the Jones side of the family. Totally my fault. But it is good to feel like I can still keep up on what you all are doing. I've decided blogs are the best to find out what the daily life of someone is. I'm hooked.

Mikkel

Olivieri Portrait Design said...

You are too sweet! ;)

April said...

Mijken, I just love your teeth. What a PERFECT smile!