Monday, September 22, 2008

Our over-nighter in Arco

We went on a little camping trip up to Arco. Ryan has been working up there this past week (he will probably be up there at least 3 more) So we decided to go and stay the night Friday night and we spent Saturday helping with potatoes. The camper is right next to the cellar so that was fun to be really close to work, for a day at least. Emma was disappointed when I pointed the camper out to her. She said "that is where we are camping?" I think she was expecting a REAL camp out, not on the farm right next to the cellar. It was still fun anyway we watched some movies and picked clods, and watched some more movies, as big as the camper is, it gets pretty small after a day and a half in it, but we were grateful to be in out of the rain. I don't think it has rained once this summer and it poured rain Friday night and Saturday most of the day. It was a nice sound to wake up to in the middle of the night. It slowed down the digging though, we only dug a load and a half before it got too muddy. We had a good time and were all very tired and DIRTY after we got home Saturday night. Ryan is probably going to spend a few nights this week up there, it is a hard drive late at night, and early in the morning, I hope I can endure these horribly long harvest days, yuck, I just don't like them! I don't think we will get to stay up this weekend we have other things we have to do at home but we will see, maybe if we get to go to Pickles Place again we will consider it! ha ha

1 comments:

Jane Clark said...

Only a true country girl would strike a pose like that in a potato cellar! I love it! What a cute family.