Monday, May 28, 2012

Sister Retreat 2012 (can it even be called that???)

This years sister retreat was VERY eventful.  I am not going to re-live it all detail for detail, but it involved, gas caps, a stowaway kitty, snow, closed roads, switch back mountain roads, more snow, another stowaway kitty, steep mountains, art show,  no water, stuck cars, Jackson pass, favorite things exchange, oxygen depravation from staying at 9000 feet up, thunder and lightning in a snow storm, broken door handle, brand new cracked school (I still cant get over), sickness, lots of yummy food, freezing rain, hail, more snow, Towgotee pass, hospital, plane ticket, driving and driving, and one trip we will all NEVER forget!!  (except maybe Mom:).

Right from the get go we got stuck in Mom’s car.  Thankfully Doug was there to help us get out, even though it looks like we did most of the work!!  Just kidding, thank goodness we had Doug and all of his boys!

103_2823

They had a mild winter until we came in to town.  We ended up with lotsa snow before we left the cabin.

103_2826

We had to push to the top of the hill where Doug could finally hook on and pull the car out the rest of the way.  Funny thing is 10 minutes away in town, Erica’s house had no snow!  Actually at the bottom of the mountain there was NO snow….. We were WAY up in the mountains!

103_2827

103_2828103_2829

Finally out!  I did not take many pictures.  There was just so much, but yet not that much.  The whole weekend was just kind of weird, we are glad to be home.  I hope I will be able to laugh about it all soon, right now I am still too sad, mad, scared, relieved, it wasn’t all bad, just mostly.  OK I just need to stop!

1 comments:

Jami said...

Hmmm....I am not so sure that sounds very fun! Hope all is okay!! And I will stay tuned for a little more explanation :)!