Monday, September 5, 2011

Camping

We had a rough night of camping.  I guess I just didn’t prepare well enough, and we didn’t communicate good enough.   I didn’t realize we would have no heat out in the wilderness so I didn’t bother to pack much bedding and we froze all night.  Apparently you only have full A/C and heat when you are plugged in.  I didn’t know that, mistake #1.  We had Justin and Emma in our bed by morning.  Claire and Ash were snuggled in one bed and finally got warm and Rett never made a peep, he was the only one who had the right bedding and he was wrapped tight in his snuggly so he was toasty warm.  Anyway it was an adventure we dropped the trailer off of the jack twice and couldn’t get it stabilized before dark so we slept on a major slope, hence the reason all the bedding wouldn’t stay on  anyone.  Ryan had been having the same kind of luck at work that day, everything he touched broke down and I guess it followed us to the mountains too!  We did get everything running and got warm in the morning.  We wont forget this trip anytime soon!

103_1045

Ryan took a picture of me getting everything cleaned back up, I wish he would have warned me, oh well!

103_1046

The kids practicing fishing.

103_1047103_1048

103_1049

We saw this huge bull moose driving up, he was right out in a hay field eating his dinner!

103_1051

We were happy to have a quick trip anyway, we should be starting harvest next week so all of the fun will be done.