Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Little Shopping Trip

Jenna, Sara, and I went on a quick shopping trip to Salt Lake yesterday.  I have been waiting for this trip since before Christmas and just haven't had the time.  I have been wanting to go to Ikea and pickup my living room furniture and I was so excited to FINALLY get to go!  Well I had checked online to make sure everything would be in stock, which it said it was, BUT when we got there all of the couches were sold out!  Can you believe it!  I was sad!  But not too sad, I was still happy to get to make a fun trip of it anyway!  So needless to say I came home with my chairs and footstool, but no couch.  I guess I will have to make another trip soon!  Feb 2011 00058

Feb 2011 00059

I know what you are thinking….white???  I am crazy but this is what I want and so this is what I got!  Justin drooled on the footstool 3 minutes after I put the new cover on it!  I did by two slipcovers for everything so I can wash and hopefully not have to be upset over every little spot.  We will see how it goes, Ryan has yet to see them, he is snowmobiling this weekend, he already knows I am crazy though, so it shouldn't be too much of a shocker!  I am just happy to be ALMOST pulling the living room remodel to a close.

We also went to Hobby Lobby where I found this cute shelf with baskets for Claire's new room, when she moves to her new room anyway!  The girls have already organized all of her toys and are loving the little chalkboard labels. 

Feb 2011 00060

   I also picked up some of Justin’s bedding and am moving forward with the boys room.  I wanted to complete one project before I got to many things going, but that really isn't my style, I have to be doing 20 things at once and make myself crazy, hopefully I will finish one or two of these projects before our new baby brother arrives in only 7 more weeks!!!

2 comments:

Summer Freeman said...

is claire moving into justin room, or staying in her room?

April said...

White is a good choice Mijken. Then when it's all stained you will have no choice but to purchase new furniture!!!