Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A little Farmin'

I got to do a little farming this week, aren't I so lucky! Actually I really enjoyed most of it......Until we got to this part, Of course the only day I have to swathe is the day we cut the pivot with the RAGING river running through the middle it! It was a little scary, but it really wasn't very deep. Ryan is on the other side coaxing us through. I had Claire and Ash with me, Ryan had Emma and Justin with him, every time we passed each other everyone waved! Talk about a fun family night! (which I don't think really counted as a family night BUT......) I did get to swathe another field and I did the whole thing by myself! Woo Hoo! It was not as fun though because Claire and Justin couldn't decide where to sit so they were all over the entire cab! Fun times, I left Emma and Ashley home alone, I don't know if I should be announcing that, but they did fine, it was about 2 hours. They are getting too big.

In other farm-type news we got rid of a few more "yard decorations" We enjoyed many years of that old hot tub sitting in our back yard collecting mud, leaves, and mice, I was truly sad to see it go!

BURN, BABY, BURN!
We are headed out of town, up to Stanley, I say we, but I mean me and the kids. Ryan is still trying to get first cutting put up. He thinks he will finish tonight and then join us tomorrow. I hope so, I am pretty nervous to go camping alone, I think we will all just snuggle in one bed and try not to freeze to death! Happy fourth of July!

1 comments:

rneweyfamily said...

We kinda wondered if it was a family affair out there