Saturday, October 5, 2013

Beet Harvest

Ryan began beet harvest.  It is slow going because potato harvest is still in full swing so the trucks are stretched thin.  He did have 4 trucks this day and a short haul to the dump, but he doesn’t plan on keeping them because the potato crew is moving to a field with a 7 mile haul to the cellar so they will need all the trucks there.

We had Ashley’s friend Emilee with us.

IMG_0774

Justin had been with Ryan all day, another perk of no school Fridays!

IMG_0775

We took lunch to all of the crews.  They were happy to see us and eat a hot meal for lunch.

IMG_0776IMG_0777IMG_0778IMG_0779IMG_0780

I went back and rode with Ryan for a while.  I keep begging him to let me drive truck, he wont put me in one though?  All of the trucks have drivers right now anyway.  Maybe if he got desperate he would let me, but I guess he isn’t THAT desperate!

One truck got stuck fully loaded, this would be me most of the time Im sure, probably one of the reasons he wont let me drive!

IMG_0781IMG_0782

We are hoping to wrap this harvest up quickly, we are getting tired of it!

2 comments:

Summer Freeman said...

Man your sky is so blue. We haven't had blue skies in a long time. Always overcast or raining!!

Kiley said...

Lucky farm kids! I'm afraid by the time we leave florida my kids won't know how to work.