Saturday, December 29, 2012

Rett’s Hospital Visit Day 2

On the second day in the hospital the respitory therapist though it would be a good idea for Rett to get around.  He had been all tangled up in bed for too long!  I like the idea of him getting un hooked, but I didn’t think he would really move from his bed.  I was surprised, he climbed right up in the window to look out at the trucks driving by.  Another new word he learned to say in the hospital!  He ran up and down the hall until he got coughing too much.  It pretty much did him in for a while.

100_0867

We had to keep his arm wrapped up really good so he wouldn’t pull out that iv.  That is the last thing we wanted to have to re-do.

100_0868100_0869100_0870100_0871

He was so excited when Dad got there.  He pointed at the door and said Dad all night long after  he left.  Mom came early this morning to take care of the other kids.  It was nice so then Ryan could come and go as he pleased.  Sara also kept kids, and Grandma Telford had a few.  I was so glad to have so much help.  I didn’t even worry about the others at all, just missed them.  I haven’t ever been so homesick in my adult life!  It was quite lonely.

100_0872

We were glad to let him go and coughing is actually the best thing for him, to try and expel the bad stuff in his lungs.  He wasn’t too happy to be tethered back up after he had been free.  By the afternoon he was able to be off of the oxygen completely.  We just had to sleep the night with out any and then we could go home.  I spent all night with one eye on the oxygen monitor.  He stayed in the low 90’s all night on no oxygen.  We were happy.

0 comments: