Ryan got us tickets to attend General Conference! The girls have been asking to go for years and so we finally just decided to do it. Conference is always at our busiest times of the year, Spring planting and Fall harvest, but we couldn’t put it off anymore. We have been so excited. Ryan got the tickets before church a couple weeks ago and he showed them to us right when Sacrament meeting started and the girls were screaming under their breath! We were excited, even Ryan! We went down Saturday night and wanted to stay as close to Temple Square as we could, and we did, but it was two blocks away so we couldn’t see the temple from our room. It was still nice not to have to be up so early to be on time. We did fine with traffic and all of that.
It was really fast getting in and to our seats, it felt VERY claustrophobic, I panicked a little. Next time we will try to sit on an aisle for sure! We were definitely in the “nose bleed” section, Ash even got a bloody nose! This is a picture not zoomed in.
Then zoomed in on the choir, they asked us not to take pictures a little later, I didn’t know it wasn’t ok until after I had taken all of these…. oops!
We were still just so excited to be there!
The girls were pretty disappointed that we couldn’t see anyone’s face. Next time we will work on pulling some strings and getting a floor seat, maybe, hopefully.
We got to be there for the Tabernacle Choir singing, it sounded awesome!
It was fun to just take the girls, I had told them they had to hold my hand so I didn’t loose them, but they were so independent and didn’t need my help at all. I guess I just think they are still babies! It was nice not to have to worry about losing anyone either. I couldn’t imagine trying to keep track of the little kids!
It was fun to see President Monson come in, and then he pushed Sister Monson out after it was over. We were so excited to be in the same room with the Prophet of God, it was a really, really, big room, but still! We were not disappointed with our experience and cant wait for the chance to go again!

3 comments:
looks like a great trip.
We watched for you guys, but we didn't see you. That's nice that you could stay in a hotel on Saturday night. Glad you had a nice trip.
You look so pretty in that pic of you and Ryan. What a pretty lady you are. Glad you got to go.
Post a Comment