We had yet another cattle drive yesterday. We move cattle more than I move my furniture, NOW that is A LOT! The kids ♥ a good cattle drive though. I had no idea I was raising a bunch of cowhands! Mamma Don't Let Your Baby Grow Up To Be a Cowboy keeps running through my head, I think it may be to late for some of them. Here they come running to load up:
They are really getting to be good help,
Just look at this cowpoke standing in that hole, not one cow is going to get in there!
Here they come down the hill:There were a few bosses around this time, almost as many as there were kids, but not quite! Pretty much all the "GOOD" help is under 4 feet tall! 

And who needs a horse when you have got a bike with out flat tires! Now that is PURE LUCK!
Here is our cow dog in training:
I am pretty sure the men and dogs "rode" a lot more than any of those cow kids, they ran most of the way!
Not ALL of the way, MOST of the way, But can you blame him, really the ONLY thing better than a cattle drive is riding on the back of Dads pickup, right?!
There is the long lost help, not Ryan, Jack, our old dog who no longer lives with us. I have felt really rejected by Jack, I cant figure out why he wouldnt want to live with us? Turns out our hired hand's wife feeds him doggy treats, he follows her around like a lost puppy dog! No wonder he doesnt love us any more, I would live with her too if she gave me treats!

4 comments:
So was Jack being brought home? Or just along for the ride?
Oh no, Jack jumped out as soon as we got there and ran home with his "Spanish Family" as Emma calls them. We were pretty sure that he only speaks spanish now, that is why he wont live with us, but no it is the treats he is getting. We do bring him home weekly, he just runs back.
smart dog! Can't say I'de want to live with you if you made me WORK for treats! lol
what a fun cattle drive, fun post.
Post a Comment