Saturday, May 2, 2009

Spring Work

We have had lots of work going on around our farm this past week. This cool machine came and did a bunch of work for us, I have never seen an excavator at work up close, they are pretty cool!

He did a bunch of dirt work in our pasture, this used to be an old pond that kept filling up some how (we found out the canal was leaking into it) and causing lots of mosquitos. I am really hoping we have that problem solved.He also created a couple of concrete piles around the yard.

The original owners of our farm raised a bunch of pigs which is where all of the old concrete came from, now we can farm every last bit of the ground, well at least the parts that arent covered in rock, gotta love this IDAHO farming! We grow a GREAT crop of rocks!


I also had my "first cutting" on the lawn that is. It is so dry! I had no idea, it has been once again, a dry spring. I am hoping to get it going now and all of that rain this morning really helped, it looks lots better already.




A few of our pets were trying to make the blog this week I guess! We are still praying for more rain! Grow crops, grow!

2 comments:

April said...

A whole week and no post! Are you okay Mijken? I'm having withdrawls!

Idaho Sutters said...

Okay, so I'm WAITING for the low down from your trip! Tell us all the details.