Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Atomic Days 5k Run

Paige invited me and our sister in laws to run in a race with her.  So about 6 weeks before the race I started running, and running, and running! The first day I ran I made it and 1/8th of a mile so I had lots of work to do!  I finally ran the whole 3.1 miles a week before the race.  It was cool.  I was happy to get this chance, it was quite and adrenaline rush!

IMG_0360

Sara, Me, Kimaree (Paige’s sister), and Paige.

I ended up 3rd in my age group, that was a HUGE surprise, maybe there were only 3 of us in my age group??  I don’t know how many there were, here is my time:

IMG_0366

I was 33rd overall, I think there were around 60 runners?  I was really happy with the hole experience anyway!

IMG_0368

We had an excellent cheering squad.  Ryan’s parents were there and all of our families were there to cheer us on.  It helped lots!  I cant wait to do another race.  It was such a fun experience!

0 comments: