Saturday, September 15, 2012

Scenes Around The Farm(s)

Harvest is in full swing around here.  We are currently harvesting corn, beets, potatoes (in two locations) and bailing hay.  Ryan is going to start combining the hay seed soon also.  I don’t think it can get much more busy!  I went down to take Ryan parts, and found him way up there,

100_0297

This was a terrible day for break downs, after the parts I brought he had a wheel fall off and then some other major break down, needless to say he only dug about 10 loads.  He has had better luck since though thankfully!

 

100_0298

The new equipment shop down below Grandma’s house.  It is so big, and will be nice to have.

100_0299

Twin cellars.  The one on the left is the old one which got doubled in size last summer and now the new one is almost finished just in time for harvest. 

100_0300

Digging potatoes in the back yard!  Aaron told us that we really did build our house upon a rock.  The rock is so terrible, it has been so slow and miserable.  Hopefully we will finish Tuesday what should have been done Saturday. 

100_0301

It is just the beginning of a very long season I’m afraid!

2 comments:

wyomingerica said...

wow I guess I better not complain about my busy schedule. I don't take naps, I'm all talk.

Summer Freeman said...

At least you're a wise man building your house on the rock!!