Emma had a great first day of Kindergarten, she seemed very happy when she got home, Her teacher even gave her a piece of gum (not usually allowed at our house) so she was REALLY happy. I started to quiz her a little about her day, I asked her who she sat by, (they sit at a table, not desks) She said "I sit by Serena, Taylor, my new best friend, and a Spanish girl." I said, "oh does the Spanish girl speak only Spanish?" She said, "I don't know, I said Hola to her and she didn't say anything back." I guess all of those hours of watching Dora has helped her with her Spanish speaking! Too funny! Then I asked her about her "new best friend" She said "we played at recess every time and she was really fun, but I cant remember her name." I guess it doesn't matter when you are five what your best friends name is! Then I checked her back pack, I could see that it was still just as full as when she left this morning, I was thinking she had a lot of homework already, No she still had all of her school supplies in it. She was supposed to get all of her stuff out and give it to the teacher, and then they just kind of all share supplies, not all like they keep there own scissors and notebook, but they share markers and crayons, ANYWAY, Emma was NOT going to put her stuff in the box with everyone else's, so she kept it in her back pack while everyone else was getting theirs out! I told her tomorrow she has to turn in ALL of her supplies to the teacher, she cant keep them in her bag all year long, silly girl! 
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yea for kindergarten, looks like she is having fun. Funny about the school supply thing.
Taylor put some of her things in a seperate pocket and forgot to take those out. They seem to be having a lot of fun, though
Emma is so big! She has a darling haircut. Is she still enjoying school? Lizzie cried the other day "I never get to go to school!". Poor girl! We have one whole year of this!
Post a Comment