I hastily made a life changing decision a few weeks ago. I have tried 3 times to take the crib down and just couldn’t do it. I like the freedom the crib gives me. Rett’s big boy bed has been leaning against the office wall for months now and I couldn’t stand not being able to navigate the office so I took down the crib and put up the bed. In perfect hindsight I should have left the crib up until this adjusting is over. I realized this at nap time the first day! The crib is in pieces and cant be put back together or I would have brought it back in and put it up. It was on its last leg, another reason I wanted it down now!
The last 2 weeks were a nightmare, in our bed, out of our bed, in the fridge, downstairs, all. night. long!! I had no where to contain him anymore! I finally put a door lock on the inside of the boys room so he couldn’t get out. So now he is Justin’s problem, not mine!
He still is in our room in the night, once we get him to sleep then I open the door freeing him to roam from his room to ours. He is pretty good now at staying on the floor. A few of our kids have slept on the floor and then finally get tired of it and stay in their bed. He doesn’t seem to be such a quick learner though. You would think after having 5 kids I would be a pro at this but Rett is a kid all his own, as were each of the others! Im going to miss this, right??

0 comments:
Post a Comment