Saturday, August 17, 2013

Filer 5K

I ran my second race this summer.  It was a small fund raiser for a children’s hospital.  I was glad to get another chance at it and improved my time by a couple of minutes.  I finished about 6th in the women and had a time of 31.09.  I was really most excited to be able to run the entire race!  Ryan took me down and I knew I couldn’t walk or he would be disappointed so I trudged on!  It felt great…. afterwards!

IMG_0496

IMG_0497

Ryan was really worried with my take off because I was the LAST person, even behind the walkers.  I don’t know when I passed them all, but I must have somewhere along the coarse because I came in before they all did.  I guess I was just in the zone, that’s one thing I really love about running is it is such and individual thing, it doesn’t matter who you pass or what place I come in, I just want to improve myself.  It’s great!

IMG_0498

Here I come, in for the big finish!

IMG_0500

Next race is in September!

0 comments: