Friday, January 21, 2011

Corn Maze Guests

We have had some late visitors in our corn maze the past week.  I saw about 25 Elk one morning heading our direction and I hoped they would stay on.  It sure has been fun to watch them come and go.  They eat for a while and then head down to water in the slough, and then back again.  I saw more than 50 at one time, our hired guy said he saw over 100! 

 January 2011 00092 January 2011 00093 January 2011 00094 January 2011 00095 January 2011 00096 January 2011 00097

I love my super zoom on my camera!  I took these all from the kitchen.  We have also had 2 raccoons and a couple of foxes living in the corn patch.  It is quite the habitat, our poor puppy goes crazy!

1 comments:

Kiley said...

So is Ryan going to want to leave a patch of corn unharvested every year? Did they come down early enough for hunting season?