Is in full swing! I wish we harvested beets before potatoes, then we could actually enjoy harvest time a little bit, the way it is we are all just sick and tired of it, that it just makes it kind of miserable. We did get to spend Saturday with Ryan in the tractor. Claire found her first sugar beet, it was almost as big as her!
Harvest is going really well though, the other crew just finished (Saturday) helping the neighbors with their potatoes, not a day too soon, it rained last night, not enough to stop beet digging though, which is good, we need to get it done!
Saturday night was the High Priest Group Social, Ryan was in charge, which was scary! We have never even been to one, let alone been in charge of it. He did good conducting, not a lot of people came, (I guess in comparison to others) but it was a really nice meeting. It was nice to see him in the day light! We are getting a new Stake Presidency and so all of the High Councilors are being released, Ryan is sad, he hopes he will get called right back to it, but you never know, he really likes his calling, I told him he wont keep it then if he likes it! Seems like it always works that way!
The primary program is next week, the kids all have their parts memorized, Claire can even say most of Justin's, it is cute. In sacrament the speaker quoted part of Justin's one liner and all of the kids perked up and we all smiled and laughed, because we knew that already! I was glad they recognized it.
Claire has been wearing big girl under roos lately, we have had lots of accidents, but I am SICK of diapers, so thus is the life until we figure it out, sadly it is mostly just from me forgetting to ask, you think I would have this figured out by the fourth one, not so!
The Arco house is having its kitchen delivered TODAY! I cant wait to see it all finished! It is going to be AWESOME! I need to go up and give detailed directions on how I want it all to look, I am a crazy lady that way, but I have worked hard on this and I want it the way I WANT IT! I have lots of pictures to post of the bedrooms, when I can......that reminds me..........
The internet man should be here in the morning....again. I am holding him hostage until he gets it fixed right! I am sure he will, the repair men are easy to deal with, it is just the fourteen people you have to talk to before they will send him out that I don't like to deal with! I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I had hoped the pictures would load of beet harvest but they wont, I will try again another time....boo hoo!
Monday, October 19, 2009
Sugar Beet Harvest
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It's nice to finally have an update on what's going on in Idaho. I'm excited to see pictures of what you've been up to. Jason just got released from his calling that he wasn't prepared to give up yet. You'd think after 8 years of being the Elder's Quorum President (on and off), he be ready to be released. Maybe it is because his new calling is 2nd counselor in the Branch Presidency.
I bet you all can't wait till harvest is over and you can have some downtime! Sounds like you've been busy, and I can't wait to see pictures of the place in ARco when you have it all finished.
Btw, are you guys coming to Spokane again this year? We'll have to get together if you do!
Post a Comment