Saturday, January 7, 2012

Florida Church Ranch

We went out and saw Burt Bingham on the Florida Church Ranch. It was only about a half  hour drive so it was real close to Orlando.  All the guys were happy to see Burt and we had a great visit and he planned a nice tour for us.  We first stopped in at the visitors center which is right next to Burt’s house.  It is actually a couple missionaries home.  It was so southern, I loved it, check out that screened in porch!

103_1980

Oh how dreamy, I love the rocking chairs!

103_1981

It got not so dreamy real fast though, this was a real alligator (stuffed obviously) caught right on the ranch!  YIKES!

103_1987

I didn’t really think we would see any, but that was not so, we saw 5 or 6 alligators out in the wild, totally creepy for me, but the guys loved it!

This one was sunning on the beach and finally had enough of us taking pictures and went back in the water.  I did NOT get out of the car, these guys were crazy!

103_1990103_1992

Burt had an air boat ride all lined up for the guys.  They had a great time.  I was happy to wait in the car with Burt especially after a GIGANTIC mosquito flew in the car.  I thought we had mosquitoes, no we have tiny ones compared to the giants they grow down in Florida!  They saw lots more alligators on the boat ride.

103_2000

We saw one of Burt’s friends with his afternoon catch of wild hogs.  They were pretty rough, and big!  I thought they would be little pigs, but they were big ol hogs!

103_2002

It was such a different world from where we live, it was just crazy to me!

3 comments:

Jami said...

I have enjoyed looking at your Florida trip posts! Looks like you guys had a fun time! Zeb and I would love to go down and see Burt! Did you see any girls for him while down there ;)?!?! It sure looks crazy with all those crocadiles! I think that would scare the ba-ge-bees out of me ;)!

Jami said...

whoops...I guess they are alligators.

wyomingerica said...

your trip looks like so much fun, rough going on the ranch. That is crazy. Did you make it to the beach?